They are some of my favorite things…and…this Saturday 5/4 at 9pm eastern (6pm pacific) I’ll be hanging out with the Brighton folks on their Facebook page for a BRIGHTON LIVING May Issue Facebook party talking about all of those things and anything else on your mind. I hope you’ll join us. Details on how the Facebook party works are at the very bottom of this post so you can print them out if you like. We’ll be giving away prizes to lucky posters … books, my new Adams Grove scented candle from Shining Sol candles and adorable wedding cake charms from Brighton. YAY!
You don’t have to wait to check out the article though. You can do that now by going to https://www.facebook.com/BrightonCollectibles?fref=ts and clicking on the BRIGHTON LIVING tab just under the banner. Then you’ll see the cover of the issue and the READ STORY button for the article “Heart in the Write Place“. Take a read and leave a comment. And don’t forget to LIKE the Brighton page. I personally think they should have a LOVE button…but that’s just me.
ALSO—don’t forget the Brenda Novak Online Auction for Diabetes is in full swing. There are some amazing donations. I’m the category captain for the READ. RELAX. REPEAT. category, but I also was able to get a pair of tickets and meet and greet passes to see Bret Michaels…that, my friends, we posted under the ONCE IN A LIFETIME category! Sweet! Visit the auction today. It runs through the end of May and their are items in every price range. Even a little adds up to a lot, and together…we’ll make a difference.
FACEBOOK PARTY GUIDELINES – SAT 6p PT / 9p ET
1) If you don’t have a Facebook account, you need to create one. Go to http://www.facebook.com/ to sign up.
2) Once you’ve signed up (or logged in if you already have an account), go to www.facebook.com/brightoncollectibles at 6:00 p.m. PT/9:00 p.m. ET on May 4th .
3) ‘Like’ our page if you haven’t already done so. The ‘Like’ button is located under our timeline cover picture, on the right side. Just click it.
4) Look for the post about Brighton Living. You can’t miss it. We will have just put it up, so it will be the most recent post on the page, in the left column, with a photo of our May magazine cover.
5) At the bottom of that entry, underneath the magazine cover photo, you’ll see ‘Like’ ‘Comment’ ‘Share’ – You can click any of these buttons to reach the newsfeeds/tickers of your FB friends.
6) To contribute a comment, write something in the field that appears beneath the post’s magazine cover photo.
7) To update, so you see other people’s comments, just refresh the page. The refresh button is F5 on a PC or just click the circular arrow that’s on the top of your page, on the right side of your address bar.
8) If you see someone’s comment, and want to respond directly to that person, begin your message with @ and the person’s Facebook name.
A Facebook party is just like a live chat. People should feel free to chime in. We’ll be on the page to help if anyone has difficulties.
Thanks for coming to the party! Look forward to ‘seeing’ you.